Monday, October 29, 2012

Busy Weekend!

Good morning, dear readers!
Whew!  We had a busy weekend full of all sorts of things- family activities, general Autumn chores, and even a bit of tatting.
 
We had an unexpected visit from my great-uncle Jamie.  He likes to surprise us occasionally, but probably got more than he bargained for this time as he was roped into helping us get firewood cut, split and stacked for my parents.  It was good to see him again.  Still, every time I look into his bright blue eyes, I see my grandmother (his sister).  I miss her so very much!
 
The only tatting I did this weekend was with some cute little buttons and Valdani Luxury Pearl Silk.
 
 
I'm using "Golden Moss" Valdani silk in the image above.  This was the only image I could capture before my light was totally caput.  I'll get more images today of this piece when I complete it along with the others.  Here's a little hint:  there may be a couple of FREE patterns later this week!!!  Be sure to check back and see what I've got planned as a special Halloween treat for my readers.
 
Sunday afternoon late I went for a stroll in the Piney Woods behind the house.
 
 
These yellow mushrooms had popped up along the sides of my paths.  They are so pretty and bright.
And I found another "treasure" next to the old homeplace ruins.
 
 
I call this the "ruffle tree".  It looks like a frilly tiered lace skirt.
 
With the cooler temperatures, we enjoyed an evening fire outside and toasted marshmallows.  Lily Fey was a shameless marshmallow moocher!  Even after we put the bag up, she kept begging.


 
Today promises to be gorgeous and I hope to get lots of tatting done.   I do have a request to make of you, dear readers.  Please keep the folks in the path of Hurricane Sandy in your thoughts and prayers.  It looks as though they are in for a rough time of it.  May you have a wonderful day full of creativity.  Until tomorrow~
Happy Tatting!
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. This newest tatting is looking very pretty in the gold and green. Looking forward to seeing more of it. Have a great time outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That button is going to look great, can't wait to see what else you do with it.
    I am watching the news here in the UK that storm looks totally awesome, I am hoping it blows itself out because they usually come across to the UK, the last one waved around off Europe and hit us twice, this one looks a lot worse and could do a lot of damage.
    My thoughts are with you all who are facing that storm
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you had a very productive weekend, even if there was not much tatting involved. what fun to have a pop in guest that doesn't need to be entertained.
    that new tatted item with the button looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete